Saturday, March 15, 2008

time to catch up

1. Grandma bought us tickets to see Hairspray. I LOVED THE WHOLE THING. It was fun. I went with Mom, Riley, Brooke, and Mom's friend Torrie. I saw dad's boss there too. There were a lot of parts that were different than the movie. After the play we all went to Denny's and had some treats. Thank you Grandma for letting us see the play.




2. I am reading Harry Potter books. I am on the first book now. So far it's pretty good. It is different than the movie. I want to read the other books when I'm done with this one.

3. It is now spring break and we are going to Dallas for a doctor's appointment. I also want to go to the Discovery center and see a movie at the theatre. I hope I can go to Wonderland Park too. Wonderland is a theme park in Amarillo it has rides there.

12 comments:

clare said...

Wow Jake- It sounds like you guys have some fun stuff coming up! I remember going to Wonderland with Granny Reed when I was your age. It was pretty fun and I remember that the trash cans made noises when you would "feed" them trash. Let me know if they still do. We miss you!

Clare

emily w. said...

That's so cool that you guys got to see Hairspray. We still haven't watched that movie yet. Do you think Abby would like it? I hope we can see you this summer. Have fun in Dallas!

Eliza said...

Emily-

Abby would enjoy the movie. You guys should buy it.

Jake

Laura Swenson said...

Jake...I love your blog.

Paul, Maggie, and Ellen are coming over to our house this evening while their mom and dad go to a movie. We may watch "Meet the Robinsons".

We miss you. I hope you can come for a visit.

Aunt Laura

David and Amanda said...

Jake looks like you are having lots of fun. I love your Blog, I'm a big fan. Sorry I haven't commented before--I'll try and be better!

Emily said...

Hi Jake! I'm one of your Mom's old friends from High School! I love reading your blog! You are a great writer and you are very good at expressing yourself!! I bet you are a great big brother to your sisters! How fun you got to go see Hairspray the play! I loved the movie! Keep posting!

Mom/Linda said...

Jake, I am here in San Antonio now. I waved at you as I flew over the Panhandle. Did you see me? I'm glad you enjoyed "Hairspray". I will be anxious to hear all about your trip to Dallas. Be sure to do a blog about it.

Torrie said...

Sounds like you are a busy boy. I really had fun going to see Hairspray with you guys. I hope you have a fun Spring Break! I'm glad you posted a new blog, I always check for the latest.

Papa Randy said...

I am so glad you all had fun. Propps to G and G Reed. I have seen the movie but I haven't seen the play. John Travolta was a hoot. I love you guys and miss you tons. Keep on keeping on.

Shaun and Aimee said...

Hey Jake! We loved your post. We are on sprng break too! We hope you have lots of fun in Dallas and get to go to the zoo again. We love you!

Mom/Linda said...

Jake, I love the way your blog looks--very cool!

Laura Swenson said...

Jake!

I am thinking of you today. Hope everything works out well for you in Dallas and that you find some fun things to do there.

I still hope you will come for a visit soon.

Aunt Laura