Sunday, April 13, 2008

the big bet

This morning I bet my mom that in the year 2011 there will be cars on the street that you could use that are stackable. So like if your car is broken you could just go to a stack of cars and borrow one. Mom doesn't think it's possible but I do. I mean they have enough time to make them and it is possible so mom is kinda wrong. The loser has to pay the winner $5. So I have to start saving in case I'm wrong but mom doesn't because she already has 5 bucks. Who do you think is right? If you read this please leave a comment and who ever doesn't think it's not possible they also have to pay me 5 bucks in 2011 if I'm right. But if I'm wrong I'll have to give you 5 bucks too. I'm gonna have to start saving just in case.

13 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I think you are right, that there could be little temporary transportation devices that people could use. But, I bet that someone will make money off the idea. Maybe they could be like the luggage carts at airports--all stacked up and you have to put in a few quarters to get one off the stack and use it. One way to make sure you win the bet with your mom is for you to invent these. You ARE very smart!

Eliza said...

Grandma,
That would be cheating if I invented it myself... besides who did you vote for?

Mom/Linda said...

I agree with you that it's possible. So my vote is with you!

Mom/Linda said...

Jake, I think you are plenty smart but on this one I have to vote for your mom. Sorry, Papa Bill

Shaun and Aimee said...

I think it is a great idea! If you worked really hard you could invent it, win the bet, and make millions from your invention! Go Jake Go! I vote for you!

emily w. said...

Jake...you better start saving your money!

Carl said...

In New York City and some other big cities they allready have a system where you can "borrow" a car to use if you don't have one by purchasing a membership. The cars are not stackable though.

In Europe they do a similar thing with bicycles where you can check out a bicycle to use and then return it to any collection point in the city.

Jen said...

Hey Jake, start collecting buddy!!

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/30/mits-stackable-concept-car/

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Jen said...

http://www.technologyreview.com/Infotech/19651/?a=f

Here you go, I forgot to send this link with the last one!

Laura Swenson said...

I'm with you, Jake!

Taylors said...

hey Jake, sean here. In New York I saw a parking garage where they stored the cars on shelves. They lifted them up with forklifts. If I remember right, they were stacked like for or five high. so you're sorta right. I think everyone owes you $2.50 (accept me 'cause I was with you all along).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Papa Randy said...

Jake I think you are going to owe your mom some cash.